Hybrid is not a new category for Toyota. Over the past decade or so, Toyota along with their Luxury arm Lexus, have put out one of the healthiest collections of hybrids available. What is new for the Japanese automaker is plug-in hybrid technology. As such, Sloane Toyota of Glenside is very excited to announce that the all-new 2012 Toyota Plug-In Prius Hybrid Electric Vehicle (or 2012 Toyota Prius PHEV) will go on sale in 14 select launch states, staring in this month.
The 14 states initially slated to get the Plug-In are CA, OR, WA, AZ, ME, MA, VT, NH, RI, CT, NY, NJ, MD, and VA. That said. You don't have to live in these states to order the 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In. Those are simply the only 14 states where drivers will find participating dealerships carrying the model...at least for now.
In guessing many Toyota drivers in the Glenside area might be interested in learning more about what the all-new 2012 Toyota Prius offers, besides a practical stepping-stone from petrol to a pure EV, Sloane Toyota of Glenside has provided a brief overview of the car's features and benefits, below. For complete details, we encourage you to contact us online or visit our convenient location at 503 N. Easton Rd. Glenside and ask in person.
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In At a Glance- Trims Available: Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid; Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid Advanced
- Powertrain: 1.8-Liter, 4-cylinder hybrid
- Electric-Only Driving Range: Nearly 12.5 miles (roughly 11.25 miles more than the standard Prius hybrid)
- 0-62 MPG Acceleration Time: 10.7 Seconds
- Fuel Efficiency - Hybrid Mode: 49 MPG
- Fuel Efficiency Pure- Electric Mode: 87 MPG
- Recharge Time: About 1.5 hours, using a 240V outlet
- Led taillights and brake lights
- Color-keyed heated power, folding side mirrors
- Alloy wheels
- Special UV reduction windshield
- Illuminated charge port
- Automatic climate control
- Remote AC system
- Navigation and new Toyota Entune
- Star Safety System
- LED Daytime-running lights
- Head-Up Display (HUD)
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Starting MSRP: $32,760